Why buy from the Initiatives of Change Shop?
We offer a range of publications, books, documentary films and training video packages that inspire change in human motives and behaviour.
- Changemakers magazine – Initiatives of Change’s new magazine is dedicated to sharing stories both of personal change and tackling global issues. Through the power of storytelling, Changemakers hopes to inspire, equip and connect people with ideas on how to change their own lives and play their part in building a sustainable and peaceful society. Our stories focus on healing relationships; developing trustworthy leadership; and building sustainable communities.
- Books to transform – With Initiatives of Change’s long history of inspirational writing you can buy a range of books or download e-booklets. Browse through our collection of books on ethical business, conflict resolution, forgiveness, autobiographies for motivation and self-reflection.
- Films to watch – Over the past 50 years Initiatives of Change has produced documentary films through personal change and transformation, which explore faith-based approaches to forgiveness, reconciliation, conflict resolution and peace-building, inter-religious dialogue and cross-cultural encounters, social and cultural renewal after war, economic development and environmental protection. Films like The Imam and the Pastor (2006), An African Answer (2010) and Zahra (2011) portray the work of people around the world who took initiatives in all these areas.
Initiatives of Change is a worldwide movement of people of many cultures and backgrounds, who are committed to the transformation of society through changes in human motives and behaviour, starting with their own.
We work to inspire, equip and connect people to address urgent issues, ranging from the personal to the global. We particularly focus on relationship-healing; developing trust-worthy leadership; and building sustainable communities. We are faith-based and believe that anyone can find a part to play if they seek their true calling, whether or not they are believers.
Our mission is:
- to live by our values and inspire others to do the same;
- to equip people to play their part in building a better society;
- to take focused action alongside others who share our vision locally, nationally and globally